Monday, July 19, 2010

The Chief, part 2

I knew my luck was going to run out eventually. I ended up with an assignment on Chief’s base. I couldn’t avoid him. I didn’t have the heart to tell him no when he asked me to dinner. We had been friends for over 10 years. He knew how to get under my skin. He knew how to corner me so I couldn’t deny him his request.

I felt so weak.

Every location I go to, I am given a private office. I don’t spend much time in it as I oversee many of the systems as they are being used.

Chief was waiting for me outside my office the day after I arrived. I hadn’t told him I was going to be there. One of his friends was bragging about the new chick on base. I overheard the talk and I was not a happy camper. I didn’t have time to prepare myself for seeing him.

“Hey, when were you going to tell me you were here?” was all he said as he stared at my boobs.
“Oh hey. I was going to call you when I finished working here.” I replied. Translate that to mean “I was going to call you once I left this station.” I had no intention of calling him.
“So can we go to dinner tonight? You gotta eat.”
“Yeah, I do have to eat. But I don’t know when I’ll be done with stuff here.” I hated lying to him but I didn’t want to sit through the evening with his tentacles all over me, feeling me up.
“So is that a yes?” He looks at me hopefully.
“Yes, it’s a yes.” I sigh. See what I mean about black & white?

Chief really is a nice guy! A lot of girls are attracted to him. When I’m in the room, on the phone with him, or chatting via messenger, no one else exists. He is completely oblivious to them. Even if I point them out!

My supervisor calls me later and tells me to take the weekend off. I’m not needed at my next station for another 2 weeks. The project has been delayed, he says. Great, so I’m stuck, in this hell hole, with Chief. I knew, I just knew what was going to happen.

As we’re going to dinner, Chief asks me what is on my mind.
“Nothing, really,” I replied, knowing full well that I didn’t want to concede to the upcoming conversation.
“Hmmm… I know you better than that, so spill it.”
Fudge, I think to myself. Might as well agree and get it over with. Good thing I can fake it so well.
“My next project is in delay mode. I’m not real happy about it,” I sighed.
“So, what does that mean?” He was grinning.
“That means I’m stuck here for a while.” I examined him with my peripheral vision and could read his mind just by the expression on his face.
“Awesome! Want to spend the weekend at my place?”
“Not really but I will.”
“Aw, come on. Don’t be like that.”
“What? I just said I will spend the weekend with you. Now you are getting your dream.”
“True, true. Well put.”
“I just don’t get your obsession with me.”
“You are amazing! So wild, free, and I love that you love sex!”
I couldn’t help but join him in laughter. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad. Maybe I could just be an uber bitch and set aside the fact that I didn’t feel any chemistry with Chief at all. His obsession with me rankled me at times. How could he not feel the lack of chemistry?

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to have any kind of relations without the chemistry. Even fuque-buddies need that magnetic attraction, I would think :D

    ReplyDelete