Tuesday, March 25, 2014

L'homme français, la partie dix


Bonjour, mon amie. Ca va bien?” He softly inquired.
“I am… Well, I’m not sure how I am.” I could only speak the truth. I still hadn’t figured out where my head was.
“I don’t understand?” He was confused by my response. “Please come sit with me.”
I turned off my iPod and followed him to a small table. I wanted to talk to him. I needed to know why he left the chateau as he did.
“Are you and Jean-Pierre well?”
“Oh yes, we’re fine. Why do you ask that?”
“You have not called him recently, ma cherie.
My eyes widened in surprised. I had no idea Jean-Pierre had been in contact with him since that night.
“You talked with him?” I couldn’t avoid hearing the shock in my own voice.
Oui. I talk with him every day. He misses you.”
“I know. I don’t know.” I was struggling to keep myself together in his presence.
“He loves you. I know this.”
I looked into Marcel’s crystal blue eyes to see the truth of the statement before avoiding it.
“Why did you leave?” I quizzed.
“I didn’t want to ruin the experience of the night. I know how much he loves and adores you.”
“I wanted to see you when I woke up.”
Non. It would not have been good for us. We are friends, oui, ma cherie?”
“Yes, we are friends but I would like to believe we care for each other too.”
“You are right but please know that Jean-Pierre is like a brother to me. I cannot hurt him by loving and hurting you.”
“I have to go. I need to finish my run.”
I stood up to leave but Marcel grabbed my arm. He pulled me close and hugged me tight. My eyes blinked back tears as he kissed me with all the love he had for me. I didn’t want to let go. Not of him, not of that kiss, not of my heart.
I turned and ran.

1 comment:

  1. Love! Love! Love! 💞
    I was transported there and could feel her pain.

    ReplyDelete