Tuesday, March 25, 2014

L'homme français, la partie neuf


We were back in Marseilles two days later. I went straight into work when we arrived. The system had picked up a security breach over the weekend. None of my staff knew how to resolve the issue so they had opted to shut the system down completely. I appreciated how the problem was going to keep me occupied for the next few days. I needed a break from my personal life.
Don’t believe anyone who says that threesomes are fun. Yes, granted they are fun while in the moment, the emotional havoc that is wreaked is often beyond comprehension. I didn’t know what I was feeling. I knew without a doubt that I wasn’t in love with Jean-Pierre. I wasn’t in love with Marcel either. The problem is I wanted more of Marcel. I wanted the unleashed passion he gave me. I had the strange feeling that he wasn’t the same way with anyone else.
Jean-Pierre’s phone calls came frequently. I didn’t answer or return them for a week. If I wasn’t working, I was sitting in my apartment with the lights off. I had to live with my thoughts alone. I couldn’t respond to anything personal but in my heart, I knew I would have to talk to Jean-Pierre. After months of being with him, I owed him much more than ignoring him. To pull myself out of this strange funk I was in, I threw on my shorts and got ready to go for a run.
I pounded the pavement hard and my head started to clear after 2 miles. I was so focused on my run that I didn’t notice the man standing in front of me. I ran smack into him! I quickly proffered an apology as I got up from the pavement. The man started to laugh. I looked up to see Marcel offering me his hand. I was shaken to see him. He helped me up and kissed my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment